Murphy’s Law

Yep. The title of this blog about summed up my day yesterday. It came out of nowhere, too. I woke up like any other day. The babes had slept, actually pretty great, for the busy weekend that they had.

We got out of bed and started our day with bottles. We bought my Grandma’s home and did a lot of renovations last year but we still don’t have central air. We have window units and one stand up unit that can be moved through the house. In order to keep the house cooler for us during these hot days, I’ve been taking our bedroom unit and moving it to the babies play room.

We can start with that. Any piece that will normally stay on the AC unit, fell off. I ran over my toe. I managed not to run over any of my children in the process but it still took a super long time. Being seven in the morning, I hadn’t been up enough to muster up any patience.

With a bleeding toe, I managed to get the kids their bottles so I could figure out what needed to be done next. As the day moved on, it seemed like no one wanted their diapers changed. I wrestled so much yesterday that I could probably win against any alligators death roll. I was so scatter brained, that Bryan called the house phone to check on me because I never brought my cell phone out of the bedroom. (He always texts me during his first break at work)

As we moved on in our day, the kids just seemed to be cranky. Normally, after a good night’s sleep, they will take a nap around ten or eleven. Eleven couldn’t come fast enough. They definitely needed their nap. I got everyone to sleep and actually got to make myself lunch!

You would think that would mean my day was taking a turn for the better. Nope, Bryan called on his lunch break, and I managed to escape the room without waking anyone up. In the process, I stepped on about every toy imaginable! Their little shapes that go into the shape holes of a carrier, those freaking hurt! I can’t imagine what it’ll be like when they play with Legos.

At this point, I’m thinking, okay five more hours. I had dinner in the crock pot and bread was rising. Except, my bread was not rising. After a good conversation with my mom, we decided it was the humidity. By 4:30, I just decided to bake it and hope for the best. Either way, things just weren’t going my way.

Brooke has decided that she is going to channel her inner primate. I swear, if there is something to be climbed, she’s doing it. The couch. The rocker. The DVD case. <—-Yeah, that was a fun one. She’s nuts! I found her in the basket that I keep their blankets. Needless to say, she almost fell off the couch twice and I was done. I was ready to take all the furniture out of my living room.

Once I ran over my toe this morning, I should’ve told Bryan that I was taking the day off. If I didn’t have patience at seven in the morning then I probably wasn’t going to have it at two in the afternoon. After taking Brookie off the couch for the gazillionth time, I decided we needed to do something.

It was too hot to take them outside for an extended amount of time. It was almost time for them to take their second nap. Both naps they did take lasted about twenty minutes so that wasn’t really going to help me calm myself. While making them an afternoon snack, in order to prevent pinching any fingers in the pantry doors, I managed to pinch my own. I guess I woke up in an accident prone mood.

When my mom texted that her and my sister in law were going to Living Treasures, I was already packed and in the car before our conversation was over. Just kidding, I did wait for Bryan to get home from work and we took a nice ride to the animal park. I got to hang out with my niece and nephew and have adults to talk to. All in all, the kids seemed to calm down just by getting out of the house. Thank God.

It had cooled down enough for us to have a nice relaxing night. By the time we got home, I was ready for bed. It took us until about nine to get everyone to sleep and then I finally ate dinner. Not the time to eat dinner, but I was starving.

As soon as I sat down in bed, I realized that I hadn’t written my blog! I didn’t even open my computer! Here’s to hoping that I have a better Wednesday then my Tuesday! Although, it ended on a good note and maybe tomorrow I can wake up on a different side of the bed!

I hope everyone is having a fabulous week! We’re halfway through! Thanks so much for taking the time to read about my craziness!

2 thoughts on “Murphy’s Law

  1. Hugs, kisses and lots of love sent to you. 😘❤️❤️❤️


Leave a Reply to Wagner Party of 5 Cancel reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this:
search previous next tag category expand menu location phone mail time cart zoom edit close